I’m heading to California for 12 days - starting in Northern California and ending in Southern California. Climate changes wreak havoc on my skin and hair (different types of water) so it’s important to me to pack products that are versatile and of course, travel size.
- Klorane Magnolia Shampoo + Conditioner, loving it. It makes my hair super soft and fluffy. It rehydrates hair to reinforce hair’s protective film and boost shine.
- Sexy Hair root booster (new line to the site, coming soon- get excited!) It lifts hair from the root and protects hair from humidity to keep its style from going flat.
- David Kirsch Thermo bubbles to help ward off over indulgence at the holidays. Melt away the fat naturally with this pink lemonade bubbly beverage. Thermo Bubbles® is the Hollywood beauty secret that has helped many actors, actresses and models get runway and red carpet ready. Drinking it before or with my meal really curbs my appetite.
- Blowfish for hangovers , for over indulgence at the holidays. These small tablets are an FDA-registered over-the-counter drug that is specifically formulated to treat hangover symptoms quickly.
- Supergoop SPF 40 face lotion for that California sun. This gentle face sunscreen and moisturizer provides complete broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection. It also blends well into the skin without leaving a shiny or white residue.
- blowpro textstyle texture spray is one of my favorite products right now because it not only gives your hair that dry-shampoo effect but it also gives hair a great lift and natural texture. It also prevents grease and oil buildup while hair still feels brushable and soft.
- Dr. Dennis Gross extra strength peels rid my skin of any oil or dirt I may have accumulated on my face throughout the day. After using these make my skin feel renewed and completely refreshed.
Wherever you may be headed this week, never leave home without the essentials. What are yours?
Sometimes I just need a little freshening up- especially after a long flight. From makeup removing to cleansing, 3FLOZ carries a wide variety of towelettes- sized perfectly for your purse or suitcase. You won’t want to be without these helpful wipes- because when you are out is when you will need them most.
Dry shampoo is a godsend for travel days when you feel like laying out at the pool or not wanting to wash your hair. These dry shampoos remove oil and extend the lift and life of my blowout, so I am ready for anything! XO Kate
Apparently Shellac manicures have been a thing for a while, but I just recently hopped on the band wagon when I was prepping for a long weekend away. Regular manicures look great the first couple of days, but I wanted a mani that would make it through my entire trip and still look good. I decided to try it, and now I am hooked. It has been interesting to experiment with new colors, and I even surprised myself by liking a red polish last time.
#TBT #Halloween #HalloweenCostume
#TBT #Halloween #HalloweenCostume
Had SUCH a fun night last night (see pics) at the She Knows Experts event at Astor Place with some of my besties!! The venue was amazing, the crowd was super fun and there were all these cool stations. Make your own risotto, and whoppie pies, mixology lessons, flower arranging…those She Knows peeps really know how to throw a great party!! The event was the launch the She Knows Experts Among Us Program, which I am excited to announce I was chosen for, I even got a plaque from Tiffany to prove it.
Make sure to watch out for me on the She Knows Experts page.
Miami for a long weekend? Sure, why not.
Stay: Viceroy. The Pool alone is worth the stay. Largest pool and hot tub in Miami. Beware: Saturday they have a DJ by the pool, it was 50/50 on his playlist. Assume they change up their DJ’s.
Spa: Viceroy. Walking 50 feet from the pool to the spa isn’t so bad. Beautiful two level spa. It had just re-opened when I went- assumed they may had renovated it. After a 90 minute massage I spent the better part of an hour drinking chilled lemon water in the indoor hot tub. They have two hot tubs and a cold plunge. Worth the splurge.
Eat: Zuma in The Epic Hotel. Hands down one of the best meals I’ve had. Living in NYC where there are so many great restaurants, you know checking out Zuma is worth it. Cannot wait for them to open a NYC location.
Eat: Mandolin Aegean Bistro. This spot was recommended by multiple people, all foodies, so my expectations were fairly high. While the ambiance and outdoor seating was beautiful, the food was fine. Not bad, not great. Just fine. I wonder if I maybe ordered the wrong dishes or the kitchen was having an off night.
Overall, great trip- I would do it all over again.
I seem to always be traveling- not just by plane, but even while home in NYC, I’m always on the go. Most of the time that means eating on the go. One product I have used for a long time and will never stop using is David Kirsch “Kirsch Bars”. Not only do they taste good, but they are made with 7 grams of appetite-satisfying casein and egg white protein and are only 100 calories! Did I mention that they are also gluten free? Dreamy. If you have been searching for a snack bar that is extra satisfying, try one by ordering the David Kirsch Flight Pack-, which is perfect for someone on the go.