Today’s #TravelTuesdaytips is all about Holiday travel. Here are my tips for smooth sailing- driving, or flying this holiday season:
- Staying for a long week or weekend? Consider mailing some of your non-important items or gifts ahead of time to save on suitcase space or car space.
- Pack insurance cards and medical info. just in case you run into a problem and have to see a doctor suddenly.
- With more hours of travel that means more free time, so do not forget to pack extra batteries and chargers in your carry-on luggage. The worst thing would be stranded without access to your tablet or cell phone.
- Traveling with your significant other or a friend? Create a back up plan for lost or stolen checked luggage by packing half of each of your items in each suitcase. That way, if one get’s lost, you have enough items of your own to carry you through until the luggage is found.
- On that note, also have your makeup and toiletries in your purse or carry-on instead of in your checked luggage just in case you have to stay the night at the airport on either leg of the trip.
Do you have a great travel tip that you’re dying to share? Comment on our 3FLOZ FB page!
Dry shampoo is a godsend for travel days when you feel like laying out at the pool or not wanting to wash your hair. These dry shampoos remove oil and extend the lift and life of my blowout, so I am ready for anything! XO Kate
Had SUCH a fun night last night (see pics) at the She Knows Experts event at Astor Place with some of my besties!! The venue was amazing, the crowd was super fun and there were all these cool stations. Make your own risotto, and whoppie pies, mixology lessons, flower arranging…those She Knows peeps really know how to throw a great party!! The event was the launch the She Knows Experts Among Us Program, which I am excited to announce I was chosen for, I even got a plaque from Tiffany to prove it.
Make sure to watch out for me on the She Knows Experts page.
I seem to always be traveling- not just by plane, but even while home in NYC, I’m always on the go. Most of the time that means eating on the go. One product I have used for a long time and will never stop using is David Kirsch “Kirsch Bars”. Not only do they taste good, but they are made with 7 grams of appetite-satisfying casein and egg white protein and are only 100 calories! Did I mention that they are also gluten free? Dreamy. If you have been searching for a snack bar that is extra satisfying, try one by ordering the David Kirsch Flight Pack-, which is perfect for someone on the go.
Here are are mine… what are yours? XO Kate
As we all know, fashion is key, especially while traveling. Not only is it important to look your best, but to be comfortable. While in flight, my favorite piece of clothing as of recently is the J Crew Merino Leather-Pocket Sweater in black. It is warm and comfy, and has 2 large pockets on the front- perfect for a cell phone and boarding pass. Most importantly it is super cute and keeps its shape while sitting for hours- unlike so many other clothes! This top is PERFECT with jeans, trendy sweat pants, or leggings.
After a busy and tiring week/weekend Alexi and I swear by these easy to use Klorane USA Eye Patches. They refresh, moisturize, and brighten your eye area while reducing puffiness. Do you have a busy week ahead? Make sure you have these on hand. http://bit.ly/1akX6YM